The AVG-Carhif is an archive and research centre specialized in women’s history.
The AVG realizes historical research, informs on current research in gender history and organizes activities to sensitize the general public on the subject of women’s history.
At the centre you can consult a vast collection of archives, books, magazines and pictures on women’s history and the history of the women’s movement in Belgium. Both women's organizations and private individuals can contact the AVG to make sure their archives will be kept under professional guardianship.
- The AVG will exceptionally be closed on Friday march 14.
- Het Roze Huis and çavaria Antwerpen launched the website http://www.holebipioniers.be/.
- In the context of the exhibition "Gericault : fragments of compassion", the Museum of Fine Arts in Ghent requested the AVG to write a dossier with background information, related to the room "The 'petticoats' of the Revolution". The dossier and a powerpoint presentation can be consulted on the website of the museum and in the museum itself.
- New book "Marijke van Hemeldonk : socialiste et féministe" written by Els Flour, commissioned by the Institute for the Equality of Women and Men. This publication is available for free on the website of the institute .
- Fragen (FRAmes on GENder) : online database with feminist texts from Europe (with the cooperation of the AVG).
- Pedagogical tools of the AVG (2012-2013).