The AVG-Carhif is an archive and research centre specialized in women’s history.
The AVG realizes historical research, informs on current research in gender history and organizes activities to sensitize the general public on the subject of women’s history.
At the centre you can consult a vast collection of archives, books, magazines and pictures on women’s history and the history of the women’s movement in Belgium. Both women's organizations and private individuals can contact the AVG to make sure their archives will be kept under professional guardianship.
- Sophia is looking for contributions for the conference "Unruly Bodies. Gender / Normen / Verzet" on 29 and 30 october in Brussels. Deadline of the call for papers is 20/04/2015.
- Twice a year, the International Federation for Research in Women's History publishes a newsletter. The january issue is now available online, with news from the AVG.
- Discover some new publications in gender history, by Josephine Hoegaerts and Eva Schandevyl.
- New didactical website on second wave feminism: www.gendergeschiedenis.be/feminisme (in Dutch).
- Pedagogical tools of the AVG:
- Follow us on Facebook !